Open positions based in Uppsala
Finance and Administration Assistant
About the role
The Finance and Administration Assistant is a key role in the Finance and Administration Unit, and is responsible for providing financial and administrative support for LPI’s Uppsala office. He or she will work closely with the Finance and Compliance Officer as well as the HR and Administration Officer, and will be the first point of contact for administrative work in the office, whether it relates to financial administration support, logistics coordination or general office administration. His or her key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the management of accounts payable from scanning and coding to the accounting and reconciliations: invoices and expense claims, as well as other financial transactions as instructed, etc.
- Assisting in liaising with Skatteverket and other relevant Swedish authorities and external partners.
- Supporting the yearly audits by liaising with the auditors and engaging in other required interactions.
- Assisting with the procurement of products/services.
- Reception duties both on the phone and in person.
- Organising staff events such as the annual Staff Day or Christmas Event.
- Coordinating travel and lodging for international guests and LPI staff, as well as support for obtaining visas.
This is a full time (100%) position based in our office in central Uppsala. The successful candidate will be offered a fixed-term, one year contract, with good possibility for extension based on performance. The Life & Peace Institute is committed to offering employees an excellent work-life balance and a generous benefit package based on our collective agreement.
- Relevant academic education or trainings within finance and/or administration or equivalent knowledge acquired through professional experience. A university degree in Finances or a related discipline is a plus.
- Experience of working in finance and/or office administration or a service/support function, is a plus.
- Experience of handling contact with suppliers and authorities in Sweden.
- Service mindedness in delivering professional support at all levels within the organization, and readiness to assist where it is needed.
- A problem-solver and initiative-taker with good organizational skills, able to work effectively both by themselves and as part of a team.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to tackle new challenges and handle additional tasks effectively and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience from work with the NGO or non-profit organisations sector is a plus.
- Excellent Swedish and English language skills.
How to apply
Please send your application, including a cover letter and CV in English, no later than February 4th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Finance & Administration Assistant”.
Open positions based in Addis Ababa
Web Editor & Communications Officer
The Life & Peace Institute seeks a Web Editor & Communications Officer Addis to lead on the overall communications goal to increase traffic to LPI’s resources via the website and social media. The effort will showcase quality content and make the user experience and interaction excellent for visitors/potential stakeholders. The role will also produce quality content to promote the work of the Horn of Africa Regional Programme. Please submit the application as described in the advertisement to the LPI Addis application email address: email@example.com.
Consultancies/Calls for Proposal