Open positions in Sweden
Director of Knowledge and Learning
Do you want to leave your fingerprint on mapping world peace and be remembered on the right side of history? Do you have what it takes to lead and inspire an international team of motivated professionals? The Life & Peace Institute is now looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to provide overarching leadership and management for our Knowledge and Learning Unit based at LPI’s Headquarters in Uppsala, Sweden.
About the role
The Knowledge and Learning Unit (KLU) is a cross-organisational resource body that advances LPI’s Strategic Priority 3 – seeking to strengthen practice across the organisation through provision of technical support to strategic processes, capacity enhancement for programme staff and partners, convening reflection spaces across programmes, and driving forward thematic learning agendas.
The Director of Knowledge and Learning will be responsible to lead the Knowledge and Learning Unit in efforts to:
- Ensure that LPI’s programmes are of high quality, innovative and demonstrate results.
- Ensure LPI staff and partners have the relevant expertise and best practice in identified technical and thematic areas.
- Support programme teams in resource mobilisation and programme development.
- Manage LPI’s Knowledge & Learning Advisors (Monitoring and Evaluation, Research, Programme Development, Communications etc.) as well as a network/roster of Consultants.
- As a member of the Strategic Leadership team, represent the KLU and collaborate with other team leaders in the strategic development of the Institute.
- Lead the development of how LPI will share LPI’s Knowledge and Learning through external and internal platforms.
- Lead in the Management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) around LPI’s Strategic Priorities.
Position within the organisation:
- Supervisor: Executive Director
- Staff supervised: KLU Advisors
- Part of LPI Strategic Leadership Team.
- At least a Master’s degree in Peacebuilding/Peace and Conflict Studies, Policy and Public Affairs, Communications, Anthropology, or Evaluation
- Proven record in designing, convening and leading research projects and evaluations thematic relevance to the peacebuilding and policy advocacy of the Institute
- Knowledge and learning management experience, including system design and usage of online platforms for exchange
- Knowledge of and experience in developing institutional key performance indicators and launching monitoring systems
- Solid understanding, commitment and substantial practical experience from peacebuilding, international relations or development cooperation/humanitarian assistance
- Substantial practical experience from qualified policy, advocacy, awareness-raising and communications work
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team and in volatile, conflict-impacted environments
- Ability to travel, estimated 3-4 international trips/year
- Permission to work in Sweden.
- Experience around statutory, institutional or trust and foundation funding internationally.
- Experience with competitive bid tendering.
How to Apply:
Please send your application, including a cover letter and a CV in English no later than May 23rd, 2018 to email@example.com, with the subject line: “Director of Knowledge and Learning”.