Head, Addis Ababa Regional Office
About the Role
The Head of LPI’s Addis Ababa Regional Office will be responsible for:
• The leadership and overall management of LPI operations in the Addis Ababa Regional office, including all the financial, administrative, HR and programming activities for the Addis Ababa office, and leading the Senior Management Team in the Addis Ababa Regional Office, in order to ensure coordination and consistency across management.
• Providing management oversight to the Horn of Africa Regional Programme (HARP) and the Ethiopia and Sudan programmes which operate out of the Addis Ababa Office. This includes identifying and negotiating funding opportunities for ongoing activities and new initiatives.
• Ensuring that all of LPI’s engagements and operations in the HARP, Ethiopia and Sudan programmes are consistent with organizational policies, procedures and the programmes’ expected results, as well as compliance with all LPI and relevant donor administrative and financial regulations and the Ethiopian law.
• In collaboration with the Programme Managers/Coordinators, representing LPI vis-à-vis the government, authorities and diplomatic missions in Ethiopia and the region. This includes nurturing and developing relevant government relationships at a strategic level.
• Supervising managers and coordinators in the Addis Ababa Regional office, ensuring coaching and professional development, performance reviews, as well as providing guidance on how to effectively supervise and support other staff in the office.
• Overseeing the hiring and ensuring training of new staff for the programmes operating out of the Addis Ababa Regional office.
• The overall security management for programmes and staff.
• A minimum Master’s degree in a related discipline.
• A minimum 7-10 years of INGO senior management experience, preferably with Chief of Party experience.
• Good knowledge of implementing INGO programmes in Addis Ababa/Ethiopia context and understanding of the Horn of Africa region in general.
• Strong communications skills.
• Experience in motivating and managing diverse and cross-functional staff.
• Experience in security management.
• Understanding of key donor priorities and regulations, in particular USAID, EU, Sida, and others.
• Commitment to LPI’s values.
The Head of Addis Ababa office will be offered a competitive international contract. The position will be full time, with an average 40 hours of work per week. Individuals from the region are encouraged to apply. The start date for the position will be no later than November 1, 2017.
How to Apply
Please send your application, including a cover letter and a CV in English no later than September 4th, 2017 to email@example.com, with the subject line “Head of Addis Ababa Office”.
We also accept internship applications for some of our country programmes as well as at head office in Uppsala, Sweden on a rotational basis throughout the year. Take a look below for more.
Internship in Uppsala, Sweden
LPI’s head office in Uppsala regularly accepts interns for Programme as well as for Finance/Administration work. Please find information on the Uppsala Internship Programme along with the application form. Applications for the period January 2018 – June 2018 should be submitted no later than 15 October 2017. Please send your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intern Spring 2018” in the subject line.
Internship in Nairobi, Kenya
LPI’s Nairobi Office is accepting applications for internship. For more information on the conditions, who can apply and application form please click here. Please send your application to: email@example.com.