International Advisory Council
The Institute is a foundation registered in Sweden with the Christian Council of Sweden as a parent body. The International Advisory Council (IAC) provides exclusive expertise to LPI. The council currently consists of 13 peacebuilding experts, practitioners as well as researchers, from Africa, the US and Europe. Members with * are also on LPI’s Board of Directors.
- Dr. Mohammed Abu-Nimer*,Professor at American University, Washington, DC
- Dr. Thomas Bamat*,Senior Advisor for Justice and Peacebuilding, Catholic Relief Services, Baltimore, USA
- Revd Myra Blyth*,Fellow and Tutor in Theology and Pastoral Studies, Regent’s Park College, University of Oxford
- Sr. Marie-Laure Dénès OP*,Representative in the Department of Politics, Economics, Europe, French Catholic Bishop’s Conference
- Dr. Vebjoern Horsfjord*,Senior Lecturer, University of Oslo, Norway
- John Katunga,Regional Technical Advisor – Peacebuilding and Justice, Catholic Relief Services, Nairobi, Kenya
- Right Reverend William Kenney CP,Auxiliary Bishop for the Archdiocese of Birmingham, UK
- Dr. Fulata Lusungu Moyo, Programme Executive for Women in Church and Society of the World Council of Churches (WCC), Geneva, Switzerland.
- Dr. John Paul Lederach, Professor at Kroc Institute, Notre Dame University, South Bend, USA
- Florence Mpaayei, Consultant Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding, Nairobi, Kenya
- Alice Nderitu*, Commissioner, National Cohesion and Integration Commission, Nairobi, Kenya
- Dr. Thania Paffenholz,The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland
- Hippolyt Pul, Coordinator, Catholic Relief Services, Africa Justice and Peace Working Group, Tamale, Ghana
- Revd Gustaf Ödquist*, President, LPI board of Directors, Gothenburg, Sweden